Has been described as a Rejected Timber Castle (Other/Unknown), and also as a Rejected Palace (Royal)
There are no visible remains
King writes nothing known of castle mentioned by Moore and listed by Harvey.
County Historic Environment Record
|OS Map Grid Reference||SP769276
No photos available. If you can provide pictures please contact
Most of the sites or buildings recorded in this web site are NOT open to the public and permission to visit a site must always be sought from the landowner or tenant.
- King, D.J.C., 1983, Castellarium Anglicanum (London: Kraus) Vol. 1 p. 29
- Page, Wm (ed), 1925, VCH Buckinghamshire Vol. 3 p. 466-7 online transcription
- Harvey, Alfred, 1911, Castles and Walled Towns of England (London: Methuen and Co)
- Clear, A., 1894, The King's Village and Demense; or a Thousand Years of Winslow Life p. 3
- Moore, James, 1798, List of the Principal Castles and Monasteries in Great Britain (London) p. 3 online copy