Has been described as a Possible Fortified Manor House
There are no visible remains
|Alternative Names||Drayton; Draiton
Licence to crenellate issued to Robert de Arden, in 1329, for Dratton Oxfordshire.
County Historic Environment Record
|OS Map Grid Reference||SP428415
No photos available. If you can provide pictures please contact
Most of the sites or buildings recorded in this web site are NOT open to the public and permission to visit a site must always be sought from the landowner or tenant.
- Emery, Anthony, 2006, Greater Medieval Houses of England and Wales Vol. 3 Southern England (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press) p. 211
- Lobel, Mary D. and Crossley, Alan (ed), 1969, VCH Oxfordshire Vol. 9 p. 103 online transcription
- Turner, T.H. and Parker, J.H., 1859, Some account of Domestic Architecture in England (Oxford) Vol. 3 Part 2 p. 409 online copy
- Chandler, John, 1993, John Leland's Itinerary: travels in Tudor England (Sutton Publishing) p. 373
- Toulmin-Smith, Lucy (ed), 1908, The itinerary of John Leland in or about the years 1535-1543 (London: Bell and Sons) Vol. 2 p. 12-13 online copy
- Maxwell Lyte, H.C. (ed), 1891, Calendar of Patent Rolls Edward III (1327-30) Vol. 1 p. 357 online copy