Prees Manor of Bishop of Coventry and Lichfield
Has been described as a Possible Palace (Bishop)
There are no visible remains
|Name||Prees Manor of Bishop of Coventry and Lichfield
Residential manor of the Bishop of Coventry and Lichfield.
County Historic Environment Record
|OS Map Grid Reference||SJ557332
No photos available. If you can provide pictures please contact
Most of the sites or buildings recorded in this web site are NOT open to the public and permission to visit a site must always be sought from the landowner or tenant.
- Emery, Anthony, 2000, Greater Medieval Houses of England and Wales Vol. 2 East Anglia, Central England and Wales (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press) p. 409-11
- Thompson, M.W., 1998, Medieval bishops' houses in England and Wales (Aldershot: Ashgate Publishing) p. 174
- Greenslade, M.W. (ed), 1970, VCH Staffordshire Vol. 3 p. 22-3
- Eyton, R.W., 1859, Antiquities of Shropshire (London: John Russell Smith) Vol. 9 p. 244-59- (tenurial history) online copy
- Maxwell Lyte, H.C. (ed), 1906, Calendar of Charter Rolls Henry III-Edward 1 1257-1300 Vol. 2. (HMSO) p. 18 online copy
- Payne, Naomi, 2003, The medieval residences of the bishops of Bath and Wells, and Salisbury (PhD Thesis University of Bristol) Appendix B: List of Medieval Bishop's Palaces in England and Wales (available via EThOS)