Has been described as a Possible Fortified Manor House

There are no visible remains

Alternative NamesCublesdon
Historic CountryStaffordshire
Modern AuthorityStaffordshire
1974 AuthorityStaffordshire
Civil ParishStone Rural

Destroyed house for which John Trussell was granted a licence to crenellate in 1338.

Gatehouse Comments

The actual site of this house is lost but probably at, or near, the site occupied by the C19 Kibblestone Hall demolished in 1954. The area may have been altered by quarrying but the general topography may well exclude this house from being moated.

- Philip Davis

Not scheduled

Not Listed

County Historic Environment Record
OS Map Grid ReferenceSJ913362
HyperLink HyperLink HyperLink

No photos available. If you can provide pictures please contact Castlefacts

Most of the sites or buildings recorded in this web site are NOT open to the public and permission to visit a site must always be sought from the landowner or tenant.

Calculate Print


  • Emery, Anthony, 2000, Greater Medieval Houses of England and Wales Vol. 2 East Anglia, Central England and Wales (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press) p. 468
  • Turner, T.H. and Parker, J.H., 1859, Some account of Domestic Architecture in England (Oxford) Vol. 3 Part 2 p. 412 online copy


  • Dugdale, Wm., 1656, The Antiquities of Warwickshire (Thomas Warren) p. 538 online copy

Primary Sources

  • Maxwell Lyte, H.C. (ed), 1898, Calendar of Patent Rolls Edward III (1338-40) Vol. 4 p. 22 online copy