No photos available. If you can provide pictures please contact
Most of the sites or buildings recorded in this web site are NOT open to the public and permission to visit a site must always be sought from the landowner or tenant.
- Gould, Chalkley, 1905, 'Ancient Earthworks' in Page, Wm (ed), VCH Durham Vol. 1 (London) p. 350 (PastScape notes "quotes obvious wrong source" however the source seems correct although attaching the name Quarrington to the record has caused confusion) online copy
- Murray, J., 1873, A Handbook for Travellers in Durham and Northumberland (London) p. 119 online copy
- Fordyce, W., 1857, History and antiquities of the county palatine of Durham (Durham) Vol. 2 p. 380 online copy
- Mackenzie, E. and Ross, M., 1834, An Historical, Topographical and Descriptive View of the County Palatine of Durham Vol. 1 p. 417 online copy
- Surtees, R., 1816 (1910 Reprint), The History and Antiquities of the County Palatine of Durham Vol. 3 p. 162-3 online copy
- Steavenson, A.L., 1908, Proceedings of the Society of Antiquaries of Newcastle-upon-Tyne (ser3) Vol. 3 p. 189-90 online copy