Has been described as a Rejected Pele Tower, and also as a Rejected Bastle
There are no visible remains
|Alternative Names||Miller Hill; Millnerhill, Millernhill
'Service by the vicar of Lanercost in the farmhouse at Miller Hill...was originally a pele tower.' ( Carlisle Journal ).
1603 Survey; 'Thos Hitherton.. 2 tenements now laid together called the Millerhill'.
Source of story in newspaper not known. (Perriam and Robinson)
According to a newspaper article of 1915, the farmhouse at Miller Hill was a pele tower. Millernhill is documented in 1603 but no mention is made of a fortified house. (PastScape ref. Perriam and Robinson)
Historic England (PastScape) Defra or Monument number(s)
County Historic Environment Record
|OS Map Grid Reference||NY590664